Rainforest World Music Festival Gala Dinner Night

Was pretty occupied with the peeps from Penang last week and I happened to do many things that impossibly I would do in Kuching like taking a "sampan" across Sarawak River to buy the signature "Sarawak Kek Lapis", went to see crocodiles at crocodile farm, see orang utans and of course loiter around waterfront and shoot photos like a tourist. 

But I have been doing that for like freaking lotsa times cos there're just too many friends coming to Kuching. Ahh or I should be proud of my social circle instead? 

Anyway went to the "Rainforest World Music Festival Gala Dinner" the other day at Waterfront, Kuching. I reached too early because I forgot the existence of Malaysian time where we have to wait for VIPs to reach. Like when the tentative said 9 pm starts, usually it will drag until like 9.40 pm. And some more we have to stand up and clap for the late comers, only because they're VIPs! 

1#
So I went out to a random British style kinda building (spot it yourself if you're at waterfront) where there's some pretty awesome handicraft to see and the first floor of this building actually serves a great place to capture the Sarawak Legislative Assembly Building (DUN). 

In fact I pretty hate this building because it's a white elephant, but after all it's built and so just take photos of it lah.. 

2#

The three ladies tagging along with me that night. =D

3#

The narrow staircase which can fit it only half of me *exaggerating*

Then I went to the venue of Rainforest World Music Festival.

4#

Full of international media, artists, representatives from different companies waiting for the VIPs to reach. *typical Malaysian time* I reckon everyone would be super hungry because the VIPs reached at around 8.45 pm (45 minutes behind the schedule) and some more have to queue for the food! zomg!

5#

And we were given two Heineken vouchers. empty stomach drink Heineken confirm die one! Luckily I had finger food before the event!

After the speech and all, I wasn't patient enough to wait for the long queue and I think the food must be just mehh only, so I went to Hilton Hotel with my Penang peeps to have macarons.

6#

Macarons!

7#

Seriously I have forgotten the price of the macarons! So forgetful! Maybe because I'm not the one who pay lol.

8#

Recycled photo.

9#

The "queen of tapao"- Elaine tapao-ed macarons back for her family. lolol.

And I was still hungry so headed to the famous burger stall opposite Swinburne to have burger.

10#

Pretty pricey right?

11#

Leave you the hot and juicy meat patty with cheese.....

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment