Rainforest World Music Festival 2011, Kuching, Sarawak

Ahhhh this is something exclusive and awesome! You better finish reading it...=P

I was being invited as one of the three media bloggers by Sarawak Tourism Board and also SarawakBloggers.com to attend the 14th Rainforest World Music Festival from 8th to 10th July! 

I have never been to any of the Rainforest World Music Festival even it has been held annually in Sarawak Cultural Village for freaking 14 years! #phailkuchingnite And my friends from West Malaysia have been so excited about it and there're always "Caucasian Overload" on the streets in Kuching during that period (which is super awesome because I get to "makan" ice cream and "cuci mata' at the same time wtf)

On 8th July, I drove from Kuching at 12 pm with Michelle, Mary and Ai Ping to One Hotel Santubong and reached around 1 something! Then I went to get my media pass at the hotel.There were some problems in between- they couldn't find my passes so I waited like half an hour for them to print out my media pass. 

1#
Taddaaa.. My media pass! 

2#
The first thing we did when we arrived was to check out the location map and time table! There're ongoing three workshops in three different locations, and we can choose which ever workshops that we're interested in. Btw the two ladies above are Michelle and Ai Ping from Penang!

3#
The first workshop we went was "Bow Wow!" at Theatre- which was music performances through amazing bowed instruments! We were late for the workshop so we just get to see like 50% of the performance. But guess what, the new Theatre was awesome! 

4#
Pitcher plant ceiling lights in the middle! So artsy!

We walked around Cultural Village after that since Michelle and Ai Ping had never been to Cultural Village before.

5#
Say "HI" to Michelle, Ai Ping and Mary at Rumah Melanau wtf.

6#
With the members of Kenge Kenge from Kenya!

7#
And I met the most tattoo drawings on one person's body in my life! I seriously can't imagine the pain he had to tahan lor! I think I'm never gonna torture myself by tattooing myself even I think it's quite cool if you take off your shirt and there's a big dragon on your chest or something. Hahaha!

8#
Leweton's Water Music at the lakeside! An old woman sitting near us said "what's so interesting about hitting the water!" I kinda agree with her hahahaha.

9#
Cos there's something more interesting! Ahhh sexy back.*playing sexy back song by Justin Timberlake* =D

10#
Mountain Music at Dewan Lagenda! I love this max! Saw the two guys playing violin? They're from Finland! They're like super awesome! I love their music lor.. ok stop listening to Lady Gaga's songs #justsaying

11#

Since I didn't get a proper video of them performing in Rainforest World Music Festival so I was like replaying this video that I found in youtube for like freaking thousands times in my room. =D 

12#
And I got a photo with them! *totally ignoring others*

13#
And back to Theatre to enjoy the Eastern Modal Music which is super peaceful and relaxing! Totally different style from the previous one. The lady's voice was freaking amazing that I really got goosebumps when listening to her! And the man standing is from Bulgaria, super humble and down to earth! 

14#
Ready to party tonight! There're two stages- Stage 1 and Stage 2!

15#
Camwhore first. =P

16#
With the awesome peeps!

Oh yeah one thing I wanna highlight here! From my previous experience in Bon Odori 2010, I thought the food sold in Rainforest World Music Festival's gonna be super expensive. Being a "kiam" person, I decided to buy some snacks at hypermarket before going, but sad to say that outside food was not allowed as there're stalls selling food there! Even Coffee Bean opened a booth there! And the food wasn't expensive at all! I bought my Chicken Rice from "My Chicken Shop" (what a name) at only RM 4! Cheap or not! So guys, you don't have to worry of burning a hole on your pocket by just buying food! You can get amazing food at reasonable price in Rainforest World Music Festival too! 

17#
Master of Sape from Sarawak began the awesome night!

18#
And the lighting was really good! Thumb's up to the organizer!

19#
Say "hi" to Colan! I was watching the concert and suddenly I saw him fighting with a girl, then i asked him to come and we started to chat. =D He's from Tasmania. Here's our conversation:

Me: Hey you love to fight?
Colan: *Nod his head"
Me: I love to fight as well. Do you wanna fight with me?
Colan: What's your name?
Me: Teo. T-E-O. I'm from Kuching. You know Kuching?
Colan: Yes, Kuching means "Cat" in BM. 
Me: Very smart of you. Do you know I'm famous? *start lying*
Colan: Why're you famous?
Me: Cos I plant banana and make pineapple tarts. *wtf*
Colan: Ohh.. Lets fight.
Me: Sure. 

Then he belasah me kao kao with the "Heineken balloon thingy" and I totally surrendered. And his parents came in rescue to prevent "adult abuse" by a child wtf. 

Then I asked him to fight with my friend, Mary instead. He also belasah her kao kao!

20#
PROOF of Mary kena belasah kao kao by Colan HAHAHAHAHA!

Then I stopped him before Mary get bruises, bones get fragmented and severe injury fml, I told him I'm gonna be the referee, and I said to him "you're a man, you must be gentle to a lady! So if you wanna hit, hit her softly." HAHAHAHAHA.

21#
 Then he really hit Mary softly HAHAHAHA...

22#
Met bloggers- Melissa and Sherry who came over to Kuching for the event.

Anyway I went off earlier because I was totally worn out after whole day under the sun. Super sad and disappointed because I missed Frigg's performance! I wish I could see them live again. T___T If only I'm being sponsored to attend the event and Frigg is coming next year. Fingers cross. 

Hope to see you guys next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment