Be honest when you're writing a blog. Don't cheat. :)

With Adverlets, Adsense and also Nuffnang popping out, everyone wishes to earn easy money from blogging. But while you blog, there are something in which you, who gonna publish something which will be seen worldwhile should consider about. And I'm gonna tell you right in this blog.

I think bloggers should be honest when they are doing food review. 

With heavy and high tech gadgets you have plus the awesome photoshop as well as photo editing skills, you definitely can tempt your readers with the food that you eat in your blog.

Let me show you  an example.


This is the photo of the Johny Dory Fish that I had without being edited and photoshopped. Look ordinary right?


And this is edited by using Picasa. See the difference? It looks more tempting, brighter and attractive compared to the unedited one.



What I wanna clarify in this post is that, if the food is not good, you (I mean bloggers here) definitely have to tell your readers that the food in that restaurant is bad!  

Don't mislead your readers.

I agree everyone has different tastebuds, and you might think the food is good and I might think differently.

WHAT I WANNA STRESS ON IS HONESTY!


This is the responsibility of being a blogger.

Takkan you have to praise the food gao gao in your blog if the food that you eat is bad. If it's bad please tell your readers it's bad! So your readers would not waste their money and time visiting that restaurant but eventually found that they get cheated by YOU!

Don't blog for the sake of popularity! Telling lies won't bring you any further peeps!


Let me share with you my experience on having the worst western food experience ever in my life! I read reviews by a couple of quite famous bloggers in Kuching about this cafe called Frienz and Family. They mentioned the food there was not bad so I went there to give a try on Father's Day.
You know what? The chicken chop with brown sauce that we ordered was not cooked and it was still bloody and cold inside!


You might say it was just a coincidence that this kinda unfortunate event happened to me or something. but if you were me, dining in a restaurant with the chef serving you an uncooked chicken, would you visit that restaurant again??



BUT, I'M SAYING "BUT" HERE, if you are such a lazy reader, which don't bother to read the content, you definitely thought everything reviewed in the blog is good by just looking at the pics!

I ever wrote once about having lousy food in House of Buffet here.


And some readers who didn't bother to read the content of the review wrote "slurp delicious", "berbunyi perut saya" and "drooling" in the comment box.


So if that happens, it's their business! Because they are lazy so they don't have the right to blame anyone if they happen to visit the restaurant and find out that the food is actually sucks!

Don't mislead readers with the tittle of your blog!


Nuffnangers include me post their blog in Nuffnang innit to increase their blog traffic. But some just love to mislead the readers by attractive yet not true tittles.
Like this one. "My dad and boyfriend died today".
Everyone including me, who see this tittle would definitely click the tittle and read right?


But the blog started off with "TWO DAYS AGO, I WOKE UP ABRUPTLY IN A POOL OF COLD SWEAT AT 10.30 A.M." 

Read the original entry here.


Ok, eventually I get to know, it's just a DREAM. Damn it. Everyone got cheated by the tittle of the blog in innit. 

By the way, this Singaporean lady blogger is called "ahcursed", no wonder she is CURSING her boyfriend and dad. Hope karma won't happen to her though. *Fingers cross*

****

The reason I write this entry is to make an awareness that honesty is something which we should practise in life, include little things like blogging. 

So please be honest to your readers yeah!

To "ahcursed", don't get offended ok?

Hope you guys enjoy reading and happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment